cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports

Andy_Csepely
Level 3
Is Crystal Reports required to be installed to to runports from Veritas? If yes, does it always come with Veritas? We have Veritas 10, but I can't seem to find Crystal Reports.
6 REPLIES 6

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Reports are generated in BEWS 10.0 using Crystal Reports and can be viewed and printed in an HTML file format. If the Adobe Acrobat Reader is detected by Backup Exec, reports are displayed in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).

You cannot create custom reports in Backup Exec 10.0. However, you can filter some of the fields in the report to suit your requirements. Also, there is a report in Backup Exec that shows the monthly status of the backup jobs. The report is "Job Summary" report.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

http://support.veritas.com/docs/278434

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Andy_Csepely
Level 3
Thank you,,...but the question is does crystal reports come with Backup Exec. The problem is it is not installed on the server (Crystal) and I cannot find any trace of the CD's.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Reports are generated in BEWS 10.0 using Crystal Reports .

If you have Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). installed then reports will open using pdf try unninstalling it and then reports will open in crystal reports.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Andy_Csepely
Level 3
You guys are not even reading my question.......great support.....

CBT_Help_Desk
Level 4
I'm sorry, but that is just too funny!!! 2 different techs same answer...and they didn't even answer your question!

I agree...Great support!

Anyway, from what I understand no Crystal Reports isn't included with BE, but BE uses CR's engine to generate the report. Maybe...?

Andy_Csepely
Level 3
glad i could provide a laugh for ya :)

At my last job, VBE came with a crystal CD if i remember correctly....but not sure if they were bundled or what.....i cant find a trace of a crystal CD here at my new job....

maybe someone will respond with a better answer :\