cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D2D Backups and Agents

Nick_Crane_2
Level 3
All,

I have a question about agents. I am testing a D2D backup strategy and am looking at the advanced open file agent and the advanced disk based agent. Which agent is the best to use? (if not both together) to achieve the most optimum way to do a D2D backup (I am going to tape as well)

Any advice would be most appreciated
2 REPLIES 2

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

We aplogise for the delay in responding to your mail. In case you still need information on the question, above, do elaborate the following details:
Are you testing a disk based backup? If not kindly elborate. The Advanced Oprn file option is used for the backup of open files, or files in use. The Advanced disk based option on the other hand, is used for synthetic backups and off host backups. For more information on this, you can refer to the administrator's manual for 10.0. Refer to the chapter on page 901 (ADBO) and page 1025 (AOFO).
In case you need some clarifications or more information on the above, do write back to the forum.
In case we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.