cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D2D2T

CoolPix
Level 3
I'm setting up a backup strategy with a new tape library and Backup Exec 11d. I'm using a disk to disk to tape method for our backup jobs to reduce the duration of a backup window. I'm planning to use different backup schemes; mainly weekly full and daily differential. Some servers are fully backed up every night.

I'd like to set up the backup jobs so that the disk to disk backup sets will stay on server hard disk for 2 weeks before they get overwritten and  the duplicated disk to tape backup sets will be kept on a tape library about 6-8 weeks before they get overwritten. I also want that the duplicate jobs are appended to tape  as long as there is appendable media available.

Is that possible?
2 REPLIES 2

brehms
Level 3
CoolPix,
Yes, it can be done. I am doing it now.

One way to do it is to create media sets. It's located under the Media Tab.
You can set your retension times there. After you create your media set, you need to select that media set within the backup job.

I hope this helps.

Scott

CoolPix
Level 3
Thank you very much,

I was obviously wrong when I thought that if I have a policy based dublicate job I can not assign different media sets for D2D and duplicate job templates. I just checked my test policy and noticed that it is possible.