cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO - Cannot connect to media server on install

GileraGFR
Not applicable
Hi,

I have Backup Exec installed on on a Win 2003 server, fresh install with all hotfixes applied through LiveUpdate and the DLO with 5 remote client installs available. The two clients i've tried to install/use the DLO on are running XP SP2.

When i run the setup.exe in \\server\DLOAgent on a client i get an error returned on either client:

I've checked and the user account has write permissions on the shares, i'm installing it using the same user account that all the backup exec services are running as (domain\Administrator), i've checked the registry and setup.ini file are correct i.e DBInstance=BKUPEXEC DBName=BE_DLO DefaultMediaServer=MyServer.

I am happy to provide any logs or try anything, i'm sure there is something stupid i'm missing but i've tried allsorts to get this working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

Michel_J
Level 2
Hi there,

Had exactly the same problem a few weeks back. The safest way of doing this right is to,

1) uninstall the client and remove the folders left in program files and dokument settings.

2) update the server with the latests patches

3) install the client again. If it gives the same problems use regedit and look for "media server". If its blank, you have to fill in the server name.

4) ON THE FIRST LAUNCH! Use a LAN cable, and not wireless. I had big problems with this untill I used the LAN cable the first time. Afterwards it works over wireless without problems.

And that solved my problems, although I cant guarantee it will do the same for you, but atleast its a start :)

Michel J