cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem backing up a Windows XP SP2 client

Rickard_
Level 3
Hello!

We have a Windows 2003 SP2 media server running BackupExec 11d. We backup several Windows 2003 SP servers and 1 Windows XP SP2 desktop running Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.0.

We have installed remote agent on this Windows XP desktop and when we run a backupjob it always shows the same error:

e0008522 - The required module VSAPAPI.dll cannot be found. The advanced open file option (AOFO) may not be properly installed. Reinstall this option, restart the computer, and then run the job again.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34082.

1. We dont have AOFO installed on this computer
2. V-79-57344-34082 error doesnt exist on Symantec web and generates no hits when searching Google.
3. VSAPAPI.dll generates 1 single hit when searching Google and that points back to this forum to some guy who have the same problem as me. He wrote about his problem 6 months ago and still no answer. Link here: https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=115&message.id=19424
4. Does the error message actually refer to VSSAPI.dll insted of VSAPAPI.dll? Maybe BackupExec generates the wrong filename in the errorlog?

I really need to solve this because we need to backup our Windows XP SP2 GhostServer.

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

Rickard_
Level 3
Update but havent solved it.

The problem seems to relate to backing up System State. I now try to make a local NT backup of the System State and then backup everything except System State.

Should i be able to make a restore if this desktop crashes? Restoring only C:\ and D:\ and then restore System State from the local NT backup?