cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Client Disabled After Windows Update has Beend Run

John_Urness
Level 3
Hi,
I just installed the latest security patches from Microsoft and the DLO agent is now disabled- the icon is greyed out.

When I open up the DLO application, it has the message:

"There is a problem with the configuration of your computer. The Desktop Agent will remain disabled until the problem has been corrected by your administrator. Your administrator has been notified"

This is on a Windows XP/SP2 machine running.

I would tell you the DLO version and build#, but when I go to help>about, it is blank.

When I go to the menu item Tools>Options, no dialogue box opens.

Thanks,

John
5 REPLIES 5

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Is the DLO Change Journal Service running on the DLO agent? Do you see any relevant event IDs in the event viewer?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

John_Urness
Level 3
The Journal service is still running and their is nothing in the event log related to the DLO client. I stopped and started it to see if I could get some log entries, but there were none.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the DLO agent.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

John_Urness
Level 3
Hi,
I should have mentioned that in my original post. I had already done that before my initial posting.

Thanks,

John

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

--Is the Firewall disabled on Windows XP after installing XP SP2 ?

--Is the service MSSQL$BKUPEXECDLO running ?

Revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri