cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Question

emar28751
Level 2
When the DLO agent is installed on mutiple computers to backup data for users on those computers, will DLO attempt to overwrite backed up data if a user logs onto another comptuer running the DLO agent that is not the computer that the person normally logs into? 

Users are using the same profile to backup multiple desktop users' My Docs, Desktop, Favorites and Outlook PST file (that resides locally on the computer). My fear is that they will logon to another computer and DLO will attempt to backup user data from that computer, would this happen? Running Windows server 2003 AD and not using any type of roaming profiles.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Eric
2 REPLIES 2

Brian_Yurick
Level 3
Yes it will attempt to backup that users profile on the other computer. It won't overwrite the existing backup, it will simply add a new computer under the users name with whatever files get backed up. So if you were to open the restore tab, you'll see whatever other computers that user logged into as well as their "primary" workstation.

You won't lose anything, you'll just have multiple backups from all the computers they've logged into. (Did that make any sense?)

emar28751
Level 2
Brian,

That makes perfect sense, thank you. I did not even think that it could be differentiated by the computer/user, but that would really be the only way the program could distinguish between a user logged on to different computers.