cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent not installing

Angel_Howard
Level 2
Hi, I'm having a problem getting a remote agent installed on a Win2003 server. While using the Evaluation version of the product, my backups ran with no problems. Now I'm having a problem getting my backs from my remote server to tape. I've ordered a remote license, but when installing, (using the directions in Doc ID#253058), it tells me that it can not connect due to incorrect username or password. When I checked the info on Doc ID#269175, it indicates some problems with a built in Firewall and Win2003. I'd attempted the Local Installation in Doc ID#258982 and copied the Rant32 directory over to the Remote server. The service is loaded, but I still get an error regarding and invalid Remote License. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be GREATLY appreciated. This is driving me CRAZY!

Thanks,
Angel
7 REPLIES 7

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please try installing Remote Agent without the serial numbers. This is just to verify if the problem is with the serial number. You can do this using an evaluation version.

If this is successful, please contact our Sales department regarding licensing issues.
http://www.veritas.com/contactus/ContactUsHome.jhtml

However please ssend us the exact error message so that it may be helpful to further troubleshoot this issue.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Angel_Howard
Level 2
Thanks for the response. Apparently the problem is not with the serial number, but with the process itself. I never seem to be able to connect to the remote computer with the software to install the license. I get the following message: Attempting to connect to server \\XXXXXX failed with the following error: The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password. Please visit http://support.veritas.com/docs/269175 to view possible reasons why the remote installation cannot continue.

I can map a drive to the remote server from this workstation and login just fine, but I can not seem to get the remote license installed. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
Angel

Kevin_Nielsen
Level 3
Did you create a service account for Backup Exec? If you configured the BE services to run under a different login, you may need to use this account to configure the remote service. On you backup server, go into services and look at the properties of one of your Backup Exec services. On the "Logon" tab, see if the service is using "Local system account". If not, try using the account given on the "This account" line.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us know if the above response has resolved the issue. If the problem persists, revert with the results.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Angel_Howard
Level 2
I am still experiencing problems. I think I'm going to contact tech support via phone. Thanks

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Thank you for the update. We are closing this thread.

Regards,

Joe_Motz
Level 2
Angel Howard, did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the exact same issue here and would like to resolve it. THX.