cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Remote Agent Install on XP SP2

Anthony_DeHart
Level 4
Has the problem with DLO Agent not installing remotely on an XP SP2 machine been fixed yet? If not, when can we see a patch for this?

If you can't figure it out, go talk to your new partners at Symantec and ask how they do it with their anti-virus product. 8^)

- Anthony
7 REPLIES 7

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

The DLO agent not installing remotely on the XP2 machine is not Veritas or Symantec problem,however this is a Microsoft issue. In Xp Sp2 Microsoft has added some functionalities which do not allow the push install of agents.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Anthony_DeHart
Level 4
That's funny. Symantec Anti Virus corporate edition version 10 push installs fine. I can push install VNC with another utility I have. I can push install my Express Metrix client to XP SP2 machines without a problem. Yeah, must be a MS problem.

(As I already said, talk to your buddies in the Symantec AV dept)

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please specify the error message that you are getting. Possible something other than the SP2 is preventing this from installing the agent.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Anthony_DeHart
Level 4
The exact error message is "Attempting to connect to server (clientname) failed with the following error: Access Denied."

I get this after selecting the client to install to and entering the credentials when doing the remote agent install.

- Anthony

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please see the technote below to resolve the issue:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/270144

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Anthony_DeHart
Level 4
I looked at the technote and see the following which is a typical Veritas response. As usual Veritas couldn't care less about making their software work so that it satisfies the customer. I highly doubt the SP2 issue was a surprise.

Quoted below:

At this time, push installs are not possible from Backup Exec for Windows Servers or Backup Exec for NetWare Servers to Windows XP Service Pack 2 systems or Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 servers. Local installations of the Remote Agent can be carried out as described in the following article:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/258982

"VERITAS Software has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present in the current version(s) of the product(s)..."
"This issue is currently being considered by VERITAS Software to be addressed in the next major revision of the product. There are no plans to address this issue by way of a patch or hotfix in the current or previous versions of the software at the present time."

Anthony_DeHart
Level 4
Does version 10.1 fix this problem yet?