cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Storage Location server name is changing

Pam_Kulczyk
Level 4

Running Backup Exec DLO 2010 on Windows 2003 R2.

Long story short, I'm renaming the server that the storage location is on.  How will DLO handle this? What do I need to do? All the files will stay on the same server, its just the server name that is changing. Can I rename the storage location server in DLO somehow?

If I have to, I can create a new storage location with the new name on DLO and move all the users to it, but will it recognise that all the files are already there? Will the encryption work the same?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Pam

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Use BEUtility to sync the server name change

In case, if this fails, there is a registry entry which can be updated..

Path - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SYMANTEC\DLO\3.0\AdminService

Update the value of DBserver key & also check server name in the below hive DB

BE services need to be restarted post this

Pam_Kulczyk
Level 4

Thanks VJware. The DLO Server name is NOT changing. Just the name of the file server that hosts the storage location. I believe the instructions you gave were to change the name of the DLO server itself. I need to know what happens when I change the name of the file server that the storage location resides on.

Thanks!

Pam

Joe_DTT
Level 3

Hi,

I would recommend to create a new storage location and copy all of the saved data to the new location. When it is ready, stop the share on the old location, apply a differential copy, and then reassigned the users to the new location without data. I was do it many times, without any problems.

Regards,

Joe