cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

DLO continuous backups not working

Bill_Clark_3
Level 2
I've got Backup Exec 2010 installed on an HP ProLiant DL380 G6 (Quad-Core 2.66GHz), 8GB RAM, and a large disk array (10TB) for user storage. I'm seeing a problem where my DLO clients aren't backing up to the server properly.

All of my profiles are set up for continuous backup (i.e., on the Schedule tab, it's set to "Whenever a file changes" for NTFS volumes. All of our client machines are using NTFS volumes. Nearly all of my clients are on the same subnet as the backup server, and are in the office at least 3-4 days a week. If they're not in the office, they're online at least daily via VPN for a few hours here. Yet if I look in the history logs, most of my clients haven't even attempted backups in the last month or two. For the clients that are in the office daily, I'm seeing this issue as well, so I don't think it's a network/location/bandwidth issue.

I haven't found any error messages in the Windows Event Logs, no alerts in the console indicating problems, etc. Only alerts that indicate that "No backup in XX days" for most of my clients.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I'd think that if we're scheduled for continuous backups, then there should be entries in the History for at least once a day.

This server is a new installation, as of May 2010, however, I've had this issue on my old server that was in place for many years (since Backup Exec DLO 9.x--I've done every version upgrade on that system, and even tried fresh installs as well). It just seems that set up with continuous backup, nothing is being backed up--going back many versions of BUE.

-Bill
0 REPLIES 0