cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO does not copy all files to the Network User Data Folder

JoeMunson
Level 2
I installed the DLO on BE 9.1 SP1 with hotfix 43. 2 weeks after installing the agent on a laptop, I noticed that entire folders were not being copied to the network user data folder. I checked the global excludes and they are just the defaults. The "Laptop Users" profile includes the "My Documents (Laptops)" backup selection. It does not have any extra excludes.

How can I find out why these files and folders are not being backed up?

I just set up a new agent, and I noticed in the agents status window that 514 files were scheduled for backup, but I used Windows Explorer, and the properties for "My Documents" shows 702 files exist. I moved 10 of the files that were scheduled to be backed up, out of "My Documents", then did a refresh on the Agents status window, and it removed the 10 files and added 10 new files to the list, but it remained at 514 scheduled.

I don't have any storage limits set on the profile. What is that happening?
5 REPLIES 5

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
We presume you get an error of the same kind as mentioned in the technote link given below. Please clarify us by referring the following technote link.

Title:- "Error 8007046a: Failed to copy the network user data folder" when backing up approximately 300 or more clients with the VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) Desktop and Laptop Option

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/263536.htm

We hope this helps. Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.

JoeMunson
Level 2
I don't think that's it. There are no error messages, and I only have 4 users using the DLO option right now. The Agent does not even appear to be scheduling the files to be backed up.

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hi,

We suggest you to check the network data folder storage limit,

1.Go to Laptop users profile Properties.

2.In the General tab,check the option under 'Storage limits'

"Limit Network User data folder to __MB"

3.If this is set to some specific size limit then you may face this issue.

4.Try de-selecting this option or increase the size limit and check the results.

Hope this helps.

JoeMunson
Level 2
In the "Profile Properties" for "Laptop User", there are no check boxes checked in either the "User Bandwidth Settings" or "Storage Limits" sections. I don't think the profile settings are restricting it in any way.

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

In order to isolate the issue, please let us know if this happens with one of the client or all of the clients. If the case is with one of the client then please ensure that the coneection to the network user defined folder is established between the client and the network user data folder.

Also do let us know the mode of backup ( continous / run now / run as per schedule ). Please perform a backup by using the run now option and verify the results.

Please do let us know the results.