Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO

Walid_Samy
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Dear all,
Sir,
I'm using BackupExec V.10 with DLO option installed.
The problem occured,when i tried to make a backup on a workstation (WinXP&MS office 2003) by using the DLO client.
whenever i tried to backup an opened MSword Doc file a warning occured with the following message " d:\x.doc is in use by another application. It will be retried."
while the backup process succeeded if i closed the same file with no warnings.
I tried the same process with another files with another extensions and the backup completed successfully even if it's still opened.
Note . Advanced open file option is not installed, but i think it's not the reason for the problem as i tested it with the Advanced open file option and the problem still the same
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

- These doc, files that you are facing problems with, are they located in the MyDocuments folder or elsewhere on the user desktop?

- Please try changing the backup schedule to either user initiated or on schedule. Do not select each time the file is modified.

- Please install the following hotfix

http://support.veritas.com/docs/274927

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Walid_Samy
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Dear Sir,
The doc files i'm trying to backup is located on another folder than the "My Documents" folder, and acctually i have the latest updates and i applied the latest patches, but the problem still the same. If i use the user initiate option , how can the user initiate the backup? and why can the DLO backup all other files while in used except the MS-Word documents?
Thank you for your co-operation

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems the error occurs while backing up specific doc files. Is the backup in this case, a scheduled backup?
Refer to the following technote, it talks of pst files, but the steps might be helpful:

Title: When backing up .PST files using the Outlook email client with the Backup Exec Agent for Desktop and Laptop Option, it gives the error :"The file is in use by another application. It will be retried."
http://support.veritas.com/docs/276644

In case you have any other doubts regarding this issue, do write back to the forum. However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.