cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR problems on single DC

Danilo_M
Level 3

I am getting problem when restoring the DC. We just upgraded to 11d from 8.6 and I have problems with DR testing not restoring System State Properly.

In the middle of the System State restore, the restore stops and fails with error that media server has lost network connection to remote agent, but the restore is local.

After reboot the AD is not restored so I will run the System State Restore one more time. It will restore the AD but the results are unpredictable. One time the WMI had problems, other time not all of IIS components were not restored properly, the exchange restore failed once or twice.

The System State restore does seem to stop at the same spot on the first run, same number of files and dirs are noted in job log. Last file on the job log before this happens is something regarding a COM+

We used to do this part using NT backup (from tapes made with BE 8.6) and then restore exchange with BE 8.6 but we got 11d to use encryption and can't use NT backup. I did try unencrypted tape as well same problem.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Danilo

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Danilo,

Looks like you may be seeing a known issue. 

http://support.veritas.com/docs/289789 - A restore of an encrypted backup of the System State taken using the "Full - Copy files" method may cause the Remote Agent for Windows Servers to fail.

Danilo_M
Level 3
Ben,

I have seen the article and tried with the unecrypted backup as well (also the backup type on both was set to reset archive bit). Both encrypted and unencrypted restores failed in a same manner.