cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Query Failure

BigColeman
Level 2

I have a client that uses Backup Exec 12.5. Their backups have been good for awhile and then about 2 weeks ago I started getting this error.

Backup- http://companyweb\Team DB 1 (BFS01\SHAREPOINT\STS_BFS01_1)
V-79-57344-33938 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "BFS01\MICROSOFT##SSEE". Advanced Open File Op...

Snapshot provider error (0xE0008492): Database Query Failure. See the job log for details.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Everything else backs up fine but the Sharepoint database always throws this error. I've scoured the technotes and forums for a long time and finally just decided to post my dilema. I've tried detaching and reattaching the database and that failed to help. I've restarted services and the server. I've tweaked VSS settings. My only concern is that it's a VSS issue and I'm just looking in the wrong direction. Besides VSS seems to be the bane of my existance right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Backup Exec 12.5

Windows Small Business Server 2003

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...turn off AOFO when backing up databases. It does work, but also tends to cause issues. I have had issues with Exchange before where logs weren't cleared.

Turn off AOFO and try the backup job again. You can then post the results here...

Laters!

theseng99
Level 4

on that backup job, go to Setting -> Advance open file and Disable it.

You should separate data and SQL job because data file need AOFO feature but SQL Database don't need it.

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

refer this KB

fail with 0xe0008492 - Database Query Failure. 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH68967

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

backups will fail with AOFO initialization error "The Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot provider selected returned: 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH62463

CraigV

Please read previous posts carefully before repeating the same thing...

Thanks!

BigColeman
Level 2

I appreciate the suggestions everyone. Tried job without AOFO on and it still failed with the same problem. The other posts didn't fix the situtation either. The database that is failing is a Sharepoint databse. I looked at the options for it and didn't really see anything that might help. Just confused how it's worked forever and then a couple weeks ago it just stopped working.

CraigV

Why post something referring to SQL 2000 when it has NOTHING to do with the original poster's issue with SharePoint???

Your other post mentions the BEDB...again, nothing to do with SharePoint...

CraigV

...any updates for BE 12.5 that might have gone through?
What happens if you back up Sharepoint in a new job with a new selection list?

CraigV

Hi,

Any news here?

Thanks!