cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Cataloging Media Set From a Customer

Level 2

I am runing BE 12.5 with a single LTO drive.  I received a media set of 3 LTO tapes from a customer that was recorded by a multi-drive library (if that matters).  It was recorded in 2003 with BE 8.x or 9.x.  I had no problems inventorying the tapes.  I am expecting over 100gb to be on each tape except for tape 3 which should have about 20 gb.

I attempted to catalog the set by first running a catalog on the first tape.    During the process after about 30 seconds, the first tape was auto ejected and  I was prompted to insert tape 3.  I did so and after about 3 min, the catalog process completed.  **I was never prompted to insert tape 2.  When I look at the result of the catalog, all three tapes are correctly identified in the catalog, however, the contents of the set only appear to be that of tape 3.  None of what I expected to be on tape 1 or tape 2 appear in the catalog.

I tried to perform a catalog on tape 2, and it repeated the same process; about 30 seconds in, tape 2 was auto ejected and I was prompted to insert the third tape.  After about 3 min, the catalog completed, but the contents appear to be only the data that is on tape 3.  No errors have been reported in any of the above.

How do I get the contents of tapes 1 and 2 to catalog?

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...are these full backups on each tape, or do they maybe contain incremental/differential backups?
That would explain why 1 tape MIGHT be showing up.

In BE 12.x, you can also go to Tools --> Options --> Catalog and deselect the option to use storage-based media...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Any news here?

Thanks!