cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrease in performance after upgrade to 12

fl
Level 4
I have noticed a decrease in performance after we upgrade from 11d to 12.  We used to get an average job rate throughput of 675MB/min and that same job now only gets 260MB/min throughput, that's a decrease in performance of 60+% after the upgrade.

What gives???  Are there something I needed to do before or after the upgrade to 12?

I also notice that all my jobs that were using "User-defined Selections" to back NAS data no longer works and it tells me "Jobs with NDMP backup selections must be targeted to an NDMP device".  Now correct me if I'm wrong but in 11d the only way to backup a NDMP NAS with no direct attached tape library was to do it via "User-defined Selections" as stated in the Symantec KB article and also stated in the Backup Exec Help.

What gives with this as well???  You follow the Backup Exec instruction and it still doesn't work.
1 REPLY 1

toma
Level 4
If you are using Symantec Antivirus version 10.x.xxxx, there are two setttings you should change.  In Configure / File system auto protect click the ADVANCED button and UN-check the scan files that are "Opened for backup" option.  Then go to configure / tamper protection, and UN-check the "tamper protection" box at the top (everything else will grey out then).

Tom