cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedupe Duplicate Job failed

macpiano
Level 6

I was trying my first backup to tape of the dedupe folder (shadow copy as per docs). It is about 1.7. TB and the tape drive is in another building. The other building is connected with a 100MB WAN connection. About 1/3 through the backup it failed with this error.Unexpected end of backup set encountered on IBM 0001  

The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors 

Also it said Verify- Shadow?Copy?Components  - VSS Writer File System
Unexpected end of backup set encountered on IBM 0001.

V-79-57344-34004 - End of data set was unexpectedly encountered.

Any ideas? It seems that if anything glitches during this backup that the whole job is hosed. Because of the connection and the size of the data this would normally be about a 40 hour job.

Gary

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Could be timing out as the minute you duplicate to tape, it rehydrates the data. It is possible that your 100MB link isn't fast enough to sustain the throughput needed to run that duplicate job to tape (which becomes a full backup!)...

Thanks!

macpiano
Level 6

I'm not rehydrating it is actually copying the dedupe folder as is. I tried the other with it rehydrating the files but I could only get about 60% of the WAN connection and it was going to take over 70 hours. I'm trying to get it done in a weekend.

From the docs

Perform regular backups of the deduplication storage folder and the database folder to removable media. In the backup selection list, the Backup Exec Deduplication Storage node is located under the User Data node under Shadow Copy Components.