cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduplication folder keeps showing in use even when no jobs are running

mcqueenna
Level 3

I am experiencing the exact symptoms described in the symantec support article below, (i.e. deduplication storage folder shows in use while no jobs are running.)  Symantec's only suggestion memory -and I'm using a dual-socket-quad-core server with 16GB of RAM for a 2TB dedup folder. (well powered server)

The article suggests that it could be a corrupted deduplication storage folder. (for which recreation is the only way forward)

Has anyone experience this problem?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/346156.htm
4 REPLIES 4

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Creating new folder should resolve the issue

seanbh
Level 4

I am experiencing this very issue, been on hold with Symantec for 4 hours and counting to try to get an answer to this.

10 months later - surely there must be a fix available for this????!!!!

Creating a new folder i.e. losing all your previously backed up info surely is not acceptable?

Lemmy676
Not applicable
Partner

Hello.

I have exactly the same issue. Works fine for some time after creation of Deduplication Storage Folder (obviously have to sacrifice previously saved data) and then problems begin.

Experiencing 2 behaviours.

1. Backup will be delayed and waiting for free devices.

2. Backup starts and fails after writing some data, cause dedupe folder going offline.

Restarting services and bringing device online puts it to In use status again.

Cpu: Xeon E5440, RAM: 32GB, HDD for backup: 6,4TB (filled less than half).

sandscorbin
Not applicable

I am having the same problem.  It looks like the dedupe folder is finding new media??  If I scroll to the bottom it will show new unknown media with an allocation date and time of today.  It keeps adding media....running over 48 hours now.  No backups can take place while this is happening.