cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell PE2550 with PV220S

ric230
Level 2

I need some expert opinions on an issue we just recently encounter with a Dell PowerEdge 2550 with a PowerVault 220S. 

We recently upgraded our BE11d installation to the latest service pack.  We have also updated the remote agents on all our machines.  However, I have come across a rare incident that Dell claims is a result of BE.  The server is running Windows 2000 Advanced Server and has 2 RAID 5 containers on a remote PERC3/DC card.  When I came into the office on Monday morning an error message was displayed for me that warned me of a removal of hardware specifically the raid controller.  I had no choice but to reboot the machine in order to view the array.  Unfortunatly on the reboot the raid manager reported that there was a NVRAM MISMATCH(USER CONFIGURATION).  After several hours of “so called” expert advice from dell we were able to retrieve one of the containers.  They fully blame backup exec claiming that it takes a hold of the RAID controller and that “Removable Storage Service” was to blame.  Has anyone heard of this??

2 REPLIES 2

ric230
Level 2
Bump for support

ric230
Level 2
Bump