cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell PowerVault 110T LTO-2-L tape drive compatability with Backup Exec 9.1

Charlie_Kangas
Level 4
I have a new Dell PowerVault 110T LTO-2-L Ultrium tape drive to install and want to make sure it is compatible with Backup Exec 9.1. It says �Dell� on it, but also says Manufacutured by Quantum with a Model number of CL1001. However, when you read the Dell documentation it says the drive will show up in Server 2003 as a "CERTANCE ULTRIUM 2 SCSI Sequential Device." I looked at the latest HCL for backup exec 9.1 and the driver it shows for the Dell Ultrium 2 LTO is an IBM driver. I don't see the Quantum or Certance driver listed. From what I understand Dell gets these Tape Drives from both IBM and Certance. Can anyone tell me if this drive will work with Backup Exec 9.1? If so, which driver will it require?
1 REPLY 1

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
In case the device used is not present in the Hardware compatibility list of BackupExec version 9.1 as "TESTED" then you may try using the OEM drivers with the device but the functionality is not guaranteed.
Generally it is always recommended to use Veritas supplied drivers.
Note: The tape drive you specified seems to be compatible with Backup Exec 10.0.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/281669

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.