cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop and laptop agent for 11d won't install properly

Scott_Burton
Level 3
I have spent many hours trying to install remote desktop agent with laptop agent on XP PC's
Remote push works in about 1 in 10 times. And a failed remote install leaves all sorts of incomplete debris on the pc. Local install - from the shared folder on the BE server runs but when i run the agent it says missing configuration data. I have even ran the msi files with the transforms and parameters but they still dont work. After trying to install on a regular XP PC many times i started using clean virtual XP PC's but still no joy.

How Backupexec remote agents are packaged is poor. Some time ago i could not repackage an x86 32bit windows 2003 server remote agent for x86 64bit servers after following KB articles to the letter.
4 REPLIES 4

Sam_Dickens
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified
Scott,

It sounds like you are having an issue where a BE Hotfix has corrupted your DLO setup.ini file in the DLOAgent Share.

Open up your setup.ini file and verify it's contents.

Refer to this TechNote to rebuild your setup.ini file.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/286209

Note: If DLO was an upgrade from 10x then your DB Instance should be BACKUPEXECDLO, if not an upgrade it will be BACKUPEXEC.

If you find this is your problem, uninstall the agent and then re-run setup.exe.

Hope that helps.

Scott_Burton
Level 3
I have sorted the setup.ini file corruption in the dlo agent shared directory. And the BE server is a fresh install in test environment. I have got down to running the same msiexec command with parameters as the remote push does but still no joy.

Paul_Molina
Level 4
For what its worth:
I had a failed win 2003 remote agent, went into add/remove programs and did a remove, then instead of removing did a repair. That got the agent working.

Good Luck!

-Paul

Sam_Dickens
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified
Scott,

After fixing your setup.ini file, you should just double click on the setup.exe in the DLOAgent share from your agent.

Do not try clicking on the MSI package as that will not work.