cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differential Job Failed on VMware backups!

Jesus_Caetano
Not applicable

Please can anyone helps me?

I was using BE 12.5, now I'm migrating and trying BE2012, but I'm getting the following error for differential backups:

I'm backing up my Virtual Machines (Servers), connecting to my vCenter server (brilvmwvcs1.barry-callebaut.com). What I made until now:

- I deployed the Windows agent to each Virtual Machine

- Enabled GRT Option

- I'm backing up to a Deduplication Storage (2,2Tb)

- My vCenter and ESXi hosts are version 5

- My VM's are version 8

- Backup Exec server is running into a Windows Server 2008 Standard R2 x64, 12Gb Memory, 3 NICs, Dell PowerEdge R510.

- All Account have administrative privilegies to perform the operations

What should I do to clear this error?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is a Known Issue with BE 2012. Check this technote " http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188713 " .

Currently we have a Private fix available to resolve this issue which has  been provided to many customers and resolved the issue.

If you have a support contract with Symantec then I would request you to open a Support case with Symantec so that the private fix can be provided to you.

If not, then the public fix will be released after some time (no fix ETA yet) after complete testing is done.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is a Known Issue with BE 2012. Check this technote " http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188713 " .

Currently we have a Private fix available to resolve this issue which has  been provided to many customers and resolved the issue.

If you have a support contract with Symantec then I would request you to open a Support case with Symantec so that the private fix can be provided to you.

If not, then the public fix will be released after some time (no fix ETA yet) after complete testing is done.

Thanks,

-Sush...