cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differential append job hanging at "Backup Scan"

Dominic_Moore
Level 4
Hi,
I have two jobs running nightly. First is a full backup to tape of one set of data on a remote server, second is a differential backup of other data appended to the same tape. The first job runs OK but the second just stays "Running" at the "Backup Scan" stage and doesn't proceed. No alerts or server event log entries. I have to restart BE services to be able to cancel it. Any ideas where to look? Since it is different data (and on different server) from the first job could it be a permissions issue? How can I check?
TIA
2 REPLIES 2

harmstrong
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi Dominic,

Log into the Backup Exec server with the BESA account ensure you can browse to the data on the remote server.   Also ,  check for fragmentation on the remote server volumes.

Regards,
HArmstorng
Symantec

Dominic_Moore
Level 4
This appears to be an issue with accessing the system state on the Windows server running BE and on other servers. In the selection list when I tried to deselect the local system state BE admin console locked up and I had to kill the process. I was able to deselect it by deselecting the whole server and then I ran the backup job successfully, except that it failed to back up the system state on another remote server.