cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differential job goes to queud status

Joel_Rabe
Level 3
I posted this queston a couple weeks back but the suggested fix did not help so I am trying again.

I have created partitions for each of my M-Th differential jobs. We have an 8 slot autoloader with 1 actual drive. I have verified that each of the jobs has the tape drive added to it with the correct partition number. I have also configured my alerts to respond automatically so that will no longer cause the job to stop. What is happening is this: The job kicks off and starts to backup data. It runs for approximatley an hour and then stops. The next morning under job status I see that the job is now listed as "queued". I then have to cancel the job as there are no alerts or anything and it just appears stuck. The jobs are set to overwrite the tape so I am not appending and running out of space. For some reason the job thinks it can't continue so it goes to queued status. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Joel
6 REPLIES 6

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Do you get any byte count in the job monitor? Is the backup job starting off then stopping after a certain amount of data has been backed up?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Joel_Rabe
Level 3
Yes there is a byte count. The last job stopped at 164,056,640,303 bytes. The last three queud jobs are about the same.

Joel_Rabe
Level 3
One other note: This problem started after I created partitions. The differential jobs ran fine at the start of this month but I could not get them to consistently grab the correct tape so someone in this forum suggested I create partitions to fix that issue.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please verify whether 2 jobs simultaneously are not using the same drive.

Also check for any alerts that you receive in BE

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Joel_Rabe
Level 3
Thanks for the suggestion but that is not it. I have verified that only one job is running at the time it goes to queued status. The only alerts are from when the job starts and it is informing me that it is writing over the tape.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Are you using AOFO?
- Please create a new job and verify the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.