cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Status: Failed. Log makes PF go through the roof. Crashes BUE

Liam_Hoth
Level 2
Greetings,

First time user to these forums have been troliing them on and off for about 4 years.

I have not had a successful BU in about 1 year. Alawys some small niggler like a corrupt tmp file or a user that has corrupt email message etc etc etc.
We have done restores and are not worried (too much) about "Failed" status messages.

However, today when I cam in to look at my full backup log file, the screen hung and gave a message Like: "not enough virtual memory blah blah...I have not been able to repeat it.
My PF usgae hits about 3.2 GB before my PowerEdge starts to crawl.

I want to see the details of the log in order to FINALLY get a successful backup.
I don't think this is unreasoanable.

I have set my log files to "Summary informamtion, Directories, Files and file details"
My backup is about 80 GB.

When I open the log Veritas crashes.
Any help is appreciated.

BTW: I tried to look for my details on the latest XML parser but I do not know where to see what version I am running.

Backup Exec 9.1 Small Business Server 2003
MS Exchange
Sharepoint
MS SQL Enterprise
1 REPLY 1

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Download and install MSXML parser v4.0 SP2 and IE v6 SP1.

Also set the job log detail level (in tools/options/job log) to summary information only. This will still allow any exceptions or errors to be listed in full detail, but will allow for more manageable logs.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks,