Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory Is Invalid...Help

Tom_Drought
Level 2
We are running into an issue with our backup reporting:
a000fe09 - The directory is invalid
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \IIS\\hBoard\Connections\nul1 \\\\\\\\ and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \IIS\\hBoard\Connections\nul1 \\\\\\\\\
ame \;;;;T@@gget by;;; \...\_vti_cnf and its subdirectories.

After checking the remote server, these directories do not exist. After reading a few notes on the forum, I decided to create a new selection list and apply it to the job. But, this did not help. It is still reporting this error. I don't know where to look at this point.

My servicer is running Backup Exec 9.1 rev 4691 with VSP enabled.

The only thing I could think of now is installing SP4a to see if this would resolve the issue.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We would like to know whether you have deselected the folders on which you receive the error from text view?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Tom_Drought
Level 2
No, it is set to backup the \iis directory and all subdirectories. No excludes. The subdirectories shown above don't even exist, for example hboard. There is no subdirectory named hboard.

I also created a run once job of the iis directory and I get the same failures.

Tom_Drought
Level 2
I found the problem. After running a few different backups, I decided to really take a good look at the file struction. There were folders inside the IIS directory that had no name. Then, underneath that, it have many sub directories with weird names. Looked like either a hacker, or trojan, had once accessed the site and left reminents behind. After running dir /x /a, I was able to remove the bad directories and the errors in BE went away.

Thank you for trying to assist. Next time I will be more diligent at looking through the file structure.