cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable automated credentials test for excluded resources

jspencer
Level 0

We are backing up some servers with SQL instances which are intentionally excluded from backup in Backup Exec.  However daily we receive the alert "Warning: Job Warning: The automated credentials test failed for the following server or servers. Select 'Test All' on the 'Test edit credentials' dialog to view and fix any problems with the credentials."

I have read the article at the link below.  That article suggests to select "Check logon accounts only at the server level" in the global logon accounts daily automated credentials test.  This is not an acceptable solution.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH223477.html

I do not wish to eliminate the resource-level credential check for every server being backed up to eliminate a known false alert caused by an item I am not backing up via Backup Exec.  The suggestion from the article would result in many resource credential checks which should be performed daily to be eliminated.

Please enhance this automated logon accounts credentials test function so it is aware of the resources selected for backup and does not alert when credentials fail for an item which is not selected for backup.

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Please post an idea for this - ideas are our way to allow customers to suggest enhancements

Use the Create Content --> Idea menu at the top of the Conect/Forum pages to do this.

At the moment your choices are: sort out the credentials on SQL so they pass the test even if you do not intend backing them up or turn off the credential test.