cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disassociating policies and jobs

Leo2011
Level 4

I am having issues with a policy that is continuously being a problem.  The policy happens to contain several jobs and I need to remove the association between the jobs and the policy.  My understanding is if I remove the association - the jobs will be deleted.

Is there any way that I can keep the jobs in an effort to run them individually rather than batched within a policy.  I am hoping this will help diagnose the problems and recreating each of the jobs will be cumbersome.

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Leo2011
Level 4

Thanks for the clarifications.

There was considerable time spent in configuring each session and I was afraid of having to recreate all those jobs.  Now I understand those are retained within the “Selection List”. smiley

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Before deleting the policy you need to delete the jobs associated with the policy.

So there is no way to keep the jobs and delete the policy

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Re-creating the job should not be a an issue if you are going use the same selction list  , because when you delete the policy the selction is not deleted and you can probably use the same selection list to create new job. . For me the difficult part to make a selection list other stuff in the jobs can easility be configured

Leo2011
Level 4

Thanks for the clarifications.

There was considerable time spent in configuring each session and I was afraid of having to recreate all those jobs.  Now I understand those are retained within the “Selection List”. smiley