cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk-to-disk backup with ISCSI EMC storage - BE 11D 7101

ESabo
Level 6
We are trying our new EMC Storage unit along with BackupExec 11D 7101 and our speeds we are not impressed with so far.    We are trying to backup an Exchange 2003 mailbox store, on our old Tape Backup unit we were getting speeds close to 1,000 MB and with the new ISCSI storage unit, we are lucky to see 300 MB.

Since we are new to ISCSI, are there any special settings within BackupExec that need to be checked or enabled?

anything would help at this point.
7 REPLIES 7

ariesbabu
Level 4
I don't there are any settings with Backup Exec and iSCSI devices. All that is visible to Backup Exec is a destination device.

If it is a Mailbox Store backup, and that you are getting good speed with the tape drive, I am kind of certain this is a destination issue.

ESabo
Level 6
Is there anything I could look for?    I saw another thread where EMC PowerPath software could cause this slowness.    I am totally lost on this issue.

ariesbabu
Level 4
Please post the EMC link. I will check if it is a known issue with Backup Exec or EMC itself.

Usually Backup Exec doesn't have the feature of fine-tuning the destination devices. However we can check.

ESabo
Level 6
Someone in this forum talk about the same exact issue, we are seeing:

This is the post where I saw it.

ESabo
Level 6
Still having very poor backup times.     Any suggestions?

ariesbabu
Level 4
Still looks like a iSCSI issue. Did you talk to the hardware vendor?

ESabo
Level 6
I am working with Dell/EMC on this but they cannot find anything as of yet.   

That is why I am posting to this forum because maybe someone has something to add.

Thanks again for the post.