cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need the Exchange Server MAPI Client and CDo objects installing on the backup server or the exchange 2010 server?

Lilee
Level 4

ok guys,

do i need to have it on both server's ?

found this:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/exchange-2010-requirements

so it's not required on both ? if yes, why ? because be uses EWS ? if yes, is MAPI still somehowe involved in the bcakup restore process ?

thank's

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
The requirement would be for the media server, not the Exchange server. As such, that post is saying that there is nothing required to be installedmon the media srrver in order to backup Exchange 2010. Thanks!

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

We do not need MAPI CDO for Exchange 2010. Exchange 2010 uses EWS. Is your environment a mixed environment with both Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010 installed?

Thanks

CraigV

...not sure why you are confirming what I confirmed 11 hours ago...???

Thanks!

EDIT: Also the OP states he has Exchange 2010...why post a nonsense question about Exchange 2007?

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6

Craig V,

I am confirming whether it is a mixed environment or not. In case if there is a mixed environment then we need to check on Exchange 2010 server whether backup Exec is connecting to Exchange 2007. The best way to check it is by running command "get-clientaccessserver" and check if Exchange 2007 is listed there. I am not posting the same thing what you posted.

And it is not a nonsense question. I think you never came across any such scenarios. I work for technical support and this is one of the most common scenarios.

Thanks

CraigV

...so why didn't you state that initially instead of throwing what's amounted to a random question out there? The OP never mentioned Exchange 2007 at all.

I won't respond to the "I work for technical support" card...check your PM for that. Not getting into a slinging match around that. Needless to say I've done more than enough technical support of my own, and not just focussing on 1 product at a time!

Thanks!

Rahul_Kumar1
Level 6

He has not mentioned Exchange 2007 an thats why I asked the question. I don't see any harm in asking questions and confirming th environment.

Thanks