cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do skipped files cause backup to 'fail', and does failed 'verify' cause backups to fail ??

Gossett
Level 6

Just a general question. I ran a backup and some files were open and skipped (they showed as errors). WIll this in intself cause the backup to 'fail' and, if so, what about the other files that did get backed up? Can they still be restored (as it didn't skip every file)?  also I have 'verify' turned on. For a couple of files, this caused a failure. So, all in all, I get a 'failed' backup. What about the files that did get backed up, can't i restore them? is the fail message more for a 'complete success or fail' scenario?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

All the files that were backed up with out the errors can be restored. However, if there files were a part of System State then, you might not be able to perform a DR of the server as entire System State is needed to perform a DR

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

All the files that were backed up with out the errors can be restored. However, if there files were a part of System State then, you might not be able to perform a DR of the server as entire System State is needed to perform a DR