cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the performce of CASO server effect others media server

ramy_shaker
Level 4

Dears ,

i create many backup jobs on caso server and  one of them backup to deduplication storage for example Dedup01 run only on the caso server

and anther job is restricted to run on another media server  for example TestWEB1D

the rate of testweb1d was 3800 MB/Min  , while the dedup is start to run , the throughput of testweb1d is decreased to 2000 MB/Min 

What do you think about it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Caso can affect the speed of media mount requests (disk and tape and I assume Dedup) as the media management request does go via the Caso. As a disk based job is likely to request more individual pieces of media than a tape job this is usually more noticeable with disk jobs. That said I would expect this to have minimal effect other than around each media mount.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Nope, a CASO is simply a BE media server with an extra license. It has all the capabilities of a non-CASO licensed server.

COuld be that there is additional network contention going on over your LAN which you should take into account. If you're getting a high speed when backing up to the dedupe folder with no other job running, then it is related to network only.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Caso can affect the speed of media mount requests (disk and tape and I assume Dedup) as the media management request does go via the Caso. As a disk based job is likely to request more individual pieces of media than a tape job this is usually more noticeable with disk jobs. That said I would expect this to have minimal effect other than around each media mount.