cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Controller problem

Camel
Level 3
Hi All,

I have a domain controller - when I go to make the backup selection, all I can see is the shares on the server. I can't see the root drives, system state etc.

Is this down to my log on credentials?

Cheers,

C.
3 REPLIES 3

Dangerous
Level 4
By the sounds of its a licence problem as I couldnt see the SQL DBs because I didnt enter the SQL key into my media server

Camel
Level 3
Would it do this in the trial version do you know?

I have an AD member server, which it can see fine, c:, d:, system state etc etc.

Lou_Buffetta
Level 5
Employee
Hi Camel,

You're OK with the trial version. All that does is make every option available to you during the trial period. When you install the S/Ns, it will shut down the paid for options that you do not have a license for.

Most of the times when you can't see the Administrative Shares it's due to 1). Logon account permissions or 2). Remote Agent issues.

1). Logon Account permissions - go to Windows Services. What account are the Backup Exec services using to logon as. This is the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA). All our services will use the same account except for Backup Exec Remote Agent.... That will always use the Local System account.

The BESA should only be a member of local Administrators and Domain Admins groups. Inside BE, go to the NETWORK menu> Logon Accounts. Make sure the BESA is listed there as the default account and is a common account.

2). Remote Agent issues - If this is the BE server, it still needs the Remote Agent service. If this is a remote target server, make sure you have the Remote Agent installed on that server. And make sure its the same version as that installed on the BE server.