cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Credentials not working in Backup Exec

NewGuy1
Level 2

Hey All,

I have a Backup Exec Server running on WS 2008R2 in a domain environment. I have noticed when attempting to RDP into the server, I received a message stating that the user is not authorized for RDP connections. This happens all the way to a Domain Admin. I also notice that when domain admin credentials are added to the local administrators group, everything seems to work just fine.

My question is: Are the symptoms I am running into purely the design of how the Backup Exec software is supposed to work? Does backup exec rely on local user rights adn completely disregard inherent domain rights, even if the server is on the domain?

Please respond with any feedback you may have.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No, you will be able to RDP into the server. I've had BE run on servers plenty of times where the BESA had admin rights on the domain and never had an RDP issue.

Check and make sure there are no domain policies applied, or even local policies applied that are restricting this. It isn't a BE issue.

Thanks!

CraigV,

Thanks for responding to my post.

I will do my best to make sure there are no policies (local or domain) that explicitly prohibit RDP from Domain accounts. The reason I thought it may be due to BE is because there are multiple servers with the same GPOs applied that dont have this issue. I can say with some certainty that when the Domain Admins group is added to the local admin group of the server, everything works.

Thanks again for your time.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Whether a user can RDP to a server/computer is a function of the OS and has nothing to do with BE.  BE does not modify the OS.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Sure thing...As I mentioned above, it has to be something on that server preventing it. The BESA account appears to be allowed to remote onto other servers as you mentioned, and it's not that.

Thanks!