cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domino missing files

Danny_O_Neill
Level 3
I have recently installed Backupexec 10 for a customer, all went fine, I could backup all Domino databases but today I have checked and its missing a load of databases (domino agent being used).

If I reboot the server and check the results are the same. I create a new backup job and view the domino data directory i get databases upto the 'B's but then no more after that despite it working fine on previous days.

I am running with all available updates installed.
12 REPLIES 12

Danny_O_Neill
Level 3
I just tried to ring Veritas as this is a new install and have been told I have no support at all. I thought you had at least one support call because it is YOUR software which isnt working but no. I was told by some call center across the globe that I have no support at all. You buy it, thats it, you get no help at all unless you pay another £100 or so.

I work for a company which offers support an consultancy and we at least help the customer get up and running. We dont tell them that after they buy one of our systems were not willing to help them because they have to pay to get the stuff working.

blspear
Not applicable
I am having the same issue. I have 2 Domino servers and the same thing happened to both of them. I am using the remote agent on both. I stopped the service on both and restarted the service and this fixed 1 server. The other server still does not show all of the domino databases.

Danny_O_Neill
Level 3
blspear, what version of Domino are you running.

I recently upgraded the customer to 6.5.4 but I cant remember if I did that before the problems or after. Im pretty sure it was after.

Thanks

Danny_O_Neill
Level 3
We have a work around. When making selections if you browse to the domino selections you cannot view them and if you leave it and say all sub folders it will not work.

But if you DESELECT the domino drive. go into text mode and then enter the folder you want to backup i.e mail and tell it to do subfolders of that it will backup all the databases in that directory, although you still cannot browse.

It does mean all folders under data that we want to backup and all individual files we have to explicitly enter but it gets around the issue for now.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please try doing the following:
1. Please install hotfix 17 from the link below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/276158

2.After installing the hotfix please try installing remote agent again and then verify the result.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Danny_O_Neill
Level 3
That patch has already been installed. Remote agent also not needed as the media server is the only one there is and the only one being backed up.

This patch also fixes an issue with hanging, not missing from the selection list.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

In your reply on 11th May, You have mentioned that the version of Lotus Domino you are using is 6.5.4.
This version is not explicitely tested with Backup Exec v10.0 and is not present in compatiblity list. Therefore, cannot gurantee correct funtioning of BEv10.0 with it.

However, please check if you have disabled active file exclusion. If not please do so and check the resutls.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Zsolt_Friedrich
Level 4
Dear Ajit Kulkarni!

We also have the same problem (twice in the last two weeks)! We are running 6.5.1 version of Domino. Is that version supported? I think this is a bug again. Not so serious as the one fixed by Hotfix 17, but is a bug!

Danny_O_Neill
Level 3
Yes this version is not supproted but the actual software has not changed in any way that would make it not work. Trust me, the one thing I do know in this world is Domino.

I would say its a major issue. Ive paid money for the domino agent to backup the domino databases... I cannot!

Im still sore after I had trouble with BE 9 not able to backup domino databases on a partioned domino server only to be told by support that this is a known issue and there are no plans to fix it in version 9 but should be fixed in 10. But you have to pay for 10. So why the HELL!!!! did we pay money for the domino agent on 9 and 10 only to be told "yes, it dosnt work, tough luck!"? Hey, anyone answer me that!!!! You cannot sell somone a product that does not work and then tell them to fix it they have to buy the next version... Who are you microsoft?

Stop hiding behind the version (which obviously isnt the issue as somone with supported 6.5.1 has the issue) and fix the problem.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

This version is not explicitly tested with Backup Exec and is not a prt of teh SCL and hence the functionality cannot be guaranteed.

However you may try the following steps and verify the results.

1. Change the value of this registry key to 0.
HKLM\software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\domino – Enable Change Journal

2. Recycle services

3. Delete all NotesDB*.ucj where ‘*’ is replaced by the local drive letter which is referenced by this file.

4. Reboot the server

5. Agan change the value of the registry key to 1.
HKLM\software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\domino – Enable Change Journal

Additionally refer the following technote.
Title:
No Lotus Domino/ Notes Icons displayed in the backup selections tab of Backup Exec For Windows NT and Windows 2000 even though agent for Lotus Domino was successfully installed
http://support.veritas.com/docs/242655

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jordy_Leduc
Level 2
I am also having the same issue, everything was fine for over a year, and no, missing domino databases.

Any solutions.

Thanks

Philippe_Mayor
Not applicable
Try to restart all services. The services on the Backup Exec server and the remote agent service on the Lotus Domino server.

See this article : http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/278559.htm

But think to also restart restart the service on the Lotus Domino Server. It works for me. The UCJ file was created correctly on the Lotus Domino Server.

The problem occured when I deleted some Notes Databases on the Lotus server. These databases were registered in this UCJ file.

Good Luck !