cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver download link don't work

Krempl61
Level 3
I get now Tape Alert, even with new tapes, so after some searching I wanted to download the latest drivers for BE 12.0 64 Bit. I fill out the data for the export restriction and afterwards nothing. With IE (different versions) just Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, with Firefox (3.5.6) a file with size 0 and with Opera (10.10) just "ERROR! Could not connect. FTP server may be too busy." Any idea how I could get the driver update?

Thanks in advance
8 REPLIES 8

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Have your tried this link:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/307453
Backup Exec 12.0 for Windows Servers revision 1364 hotfix 305849, Device Driver Installer DDI20080815 (August 15th, 2008) - 64bit download.

The above link is working perfectly fine at my end. I have tried it on 3 to 4 computers in different locations.

Krempl61
Level 3
Hello Dev T,

I tried it before and now again with the same result, after filling out the data for the export restriction same problem again.

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Is FTP port 21 open at your end?

Krempl61
Level 3
Hello,

yes, should be. I also tried the original ftp link (at the above mentioned document) with GetRight Pro Browser. I get the message that the content is moved permanently to

exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/

and when I try this link I always get Server busy, waiting to retry.
Seems as if they changed something after summer 2008. With the older versions you did get the drivers through the normal updates, but now it is an extra download.
In the meantime I changed backed to the original Tandberg driver (MS certified) and they work without any problems. Even the tape which before was given a tape alert, works without any problem. It is just a problem with the Symantec driver, which would have been fixed with that update, at least according to their documentation.

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

I believe that you tried:
ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/be1364R 305849_x64bit_307453.exe

Mean while, what kind of alerts did the tapes give before?

Krempl61
Level 3
Hello

if you go to the support document of the above link, that you get a notice, that this file has been updated. I used both links, the original one and the updated one and in both cases after I filled out the export data (Name and E-Mail address) and agreed I get http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/downloads/export.asp
which cannot be displayed. Opera will show up ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/securedl.asp?file= .
If I do it with Firefox I get to download the requested file from ftp://exftpp.symantec.com but with size 0
To me it seems as if something is broken and the link for the requested file is not handed over, this is why I don't get a valid download

About the Tape Alert:
Critical - Your data is at risk:
1) Copy any data you require from this tape.
2) Do not use this tape again.
3) Restart the operation with a different tape.

First I got it with a used tape, then with a brand new one. In both cases the job was 100 % successful without any error. A check of the drive (Tandberg LTO 2 HH) showed no cleaning required.

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

In this case I would suggest a power cycle of the tape drive if the drive is external.

1  : Turn OFF the Server, Turn OFF the TAPE Drive.
2  : Disconnect the TAPE and turn ON the computer.
3  : Turn OFF the computer and connect the TAPE
4  : Turn ON the TAPE and let it come up...
5  : Turn ON the Server and check the device manager for the TAPE Drive.

Hope this helps !!!

Krempl61
Level 3
Hello,

the tape is an internal one. The Tape Alert did come from a job regarding local backup (= the server). Since I switched back to the Tandber driver (wgich I would normally not do) I had no problem at all.
The only problem I have is that I am unable to download the drivers from Symantec.
Thanks for your help.