cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver problem Quantum Superloader3 with SDLT600 tape drive

John_Morrissey
Level 2
We recently installed a quantum superloader 3 load with a sdlt600 drive installed in it. I'd like to use the symantec driver if possible but symantec's tapeinst.exe says won't install the drivers and the driver update be6235RHF8_32bit_286521.exe also won't install the drivers. At this time I loaded the quantum driver manually to get it to work. Does anyone know the symantec driver file name this quantum sdlt600 drive should be using and what cab file this driver is in? I've contact support but when I started talking about manually extracting cab files I lost them. They said well if it's working with the quantum driver it's all set. Even though symantec suggests always using their drivers.

Please help.
1 REPLY 1

Patrick_Mulloy
Level 3
Don't use the Veritas/Symantec drivers. Keep what you've got--if it works, it works. You won't have any problems with them.

I have a SuperLoader 3 with the SDLT600 on a W2K3 server and I use the Microsoft driver for the Medium Changer and the Quantum driver for the Tape Drive in the Device Manager. Works perfectly. Rarely have the Veritas drivers worked with my Quantum devices.

More info...
http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=69638&tstart=30