cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Job Issue

Meg_G
Level 4
I'm attempting to backup one of my 2000 servers based on a policy to go from disk-disk-tape.  Once the full backup job to disk completes another job will start to duplicate the backup set to tape.  I have one server working fine on this.  Another server I had issues with this past weekend.

Saturday a full backup was run.  It failed on the verify saying that one file was different.  Afterwards it started the duplicate job to push the data to tape.  This worked find until the skipped file was encountered, where it refused to continue writing data to disk.  My full job on tape is therefore not complete.  Since this happened data has been written to the tape, and data has been written to the disk which the job was backing up to.  Errors are below.  Is there a way to configure the duplicate job to skip the corrupted file(s) and continue writing to tape?

I've created a test backup to backup this one particular file to disk and didn't have an issue.

2 REPLIES 2

Meg_G
Level 4
This issue has now progressed beyond critical as another backup is experiencing the same symptoms.  This particular backup is of a Windows 2003 Storage Server and the verify failed on the system state last night during an incremental backup.

Am I wrong to assume that since this is a moderated support forum employees of Symantec are PAID to monitor this???

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Am I wrong to assume that since this is a moderated support forum employees of Symantec are PAID to monitor this???

One would think so, wouldn't one

there had been no official presence here for at least a month, it could be going two by now.

You could try posting to the v11d forum and explain why Smiley Tongue