cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Jobs won't Run, Too Many Selection Lists?

Eric_Renneisen
Not applicable
We have Duplicate jobs that are set to run following our full weekly backups. Recently, the Duplicate jobs stopped running. There is no error and no entry in the job history. It's as if they don't exist. We have recreated the jobs several times, but they still don't run. The backup jobs they are linked to have no problems at all.

I noticed that the entries for the Duplcate jobs on the Job Setup page have no Selection List. On our other servers that are still working fine, the Duplicate jobs have a Selection List of "Duplicate ####" that appears to have been automatically generated by Backup Exec.

I tried to find these selection lists on the problem server, but when I clicked on the "Edit" menu, it took several seconds for the menu to appear. Then when I clicked on "Edit Selection List" Backup Exec seems to freeze up. I suspect the list would eventually appear if I let it sit long enough. I was able to choose "Delete Selection List" and that window would appear after waiting 20 or 30 minutes.

I saw that there were approximately 10,000 "Duplicate" selection lists (0000-9999). I deleted about 300 of them (until my fingers gave out). I was able to run a test job with a Duplicate job attached to it, and it now runs! I presume my normal Duplicate jobs will now run too. However, will they again create multiple Selection Lists and use up all the numbers I deleted? None of my other servers have more than a handful of these "Duplicate" selection lists even though they run the exact same job configuration.

The Edit menu and Selection List windows are still very slow to respond. Is there an easy way to delete the rougue Selection Lists? All I've been able to do is one-by-one.

Thanks,
Eric
1 REPLY 1

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Since multiple selection lists do not appear on the other servers it can be a database issue hence we request you to perform a database repair.

Please see the following technote:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

please revvert if the issue persists

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.