cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate to Tape (0xe0008105 - Invalid identifier for the media changer)

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello again,

I have a new problem with the duplication from Disk to Tape. Now I get the following errors.

It seems that I have a problem with a tape. Do you have any idea?

We are using Backup Exec 2012 (with all paches). Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

samueljn
Level 5
Employee Accredited

If it is BE 2010:

Backup Exec does not support the mixing of Backup-to-Disk and Backup-to-Tape between Full and Incremental/Differential backups with Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) enabled. That means both the Full & Incremental should be run to same type of device.

Therefore, the methods supported for this setup are:

• AVVI-Full = Backup-to-Disk > AVVI-Differential = Backup-to-Disk > Duplicate Incremental to Tape

If it is BE 2012:

There is a known issue with AVVI Inc & Diff duplicate backup: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH193184. Open a support case for further investigation.

Regards,

John

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello again? Has anyone an idea? Thank you for your help

samueljn
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Hi,

What is actually being backed up? Physical servers, Virtual machines or any Exchange DB?

Is this the Duplicate of the Full backup or Incremental/Differential backup?

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hy,

These are all virutal machines. The duplication is from Incremental backups.

samueljn
Level 5
Employee Accredited

If it is BE 2010:

Backup Exec does not support the mixing of Backup-to-Disk and Backup-to-Tape between Full and Incremental/Differential backups with Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) enabled. That means both the Full & Incremental should be run to same type of device.

Therefore, the methods supported for this setup are:

• AVVI-Full = Backup-to-Disk > AVVI-Differential = Backup-to-Disk > Duplicate Incremental to Tape

If it is BE 2012:

There is a known issue with AVVI Inc & Diff duplicate backup: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH193184. Open a support case for further investigation.

Regards,

John

Zerakus
Level 4
Partner Accredited

We use BE 2012. Thank you for the Information that this is a known issue. So I can stop searching for an solution.