cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate to Tape jobs missed after 24 hours

wfk1966
Level 3

Dear all,

I have real problems with Duplicate to Tape jobs.

If I use the option "Duplicate data immediately after source task completes" the duplicate job gets status missed after 24 hours after the Full backup job finalised and if the tape device is not available within those 24 hours. Unfortunately the option "Reschedule the job if it does not start" is not available for "Duplicate data immediately after source task..." so I extended the "Reschedule..." option for the full backup job  from 24 to 48 hours and tried it again. More or less as expected it did NOT solve the issue and the Duplicate to Tape jobs were Missed again.

I changed to "According to schedule" - "Most recent full backup" - "Recurrence" and set option "Reschedule the job if it does not start" to 60 hours. Unfortunately with the same unsatisfactory result - the Duplicate to Tape jobs were Missed again.

In addition to all that, I'm not able to run a "Duplicate to Tape" job that was Missed with the Option "Run Now" manually, as those jobs than are always "Skipped".

The only way I found to get the full backup data duplicated to tape (after the job was Missed) was to manually duplicate the related Full Backup Set.

Does the option ""Reschedule the job if it does not start" work at all for "Duplicate to Tape" jobs?

How to extend the time period before the job gets missed?

What am I doing wrong?

BTW: I already opened a Veritas support ticket mid of January, but did NOT get any help by now! Strange, isn't it? So I hope to get help from you guy's.

Thanks for your help in advance, Werner

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

"Reschedule the job if it does not start" does work. when edited under the Duplicate Stage and not the Full Backup stage. (this option is available only if the duplicate is set to run on a schedule)

I am guessing this is hardcoded for duplicate jobs which are set to run immediately once the full completes. If the storage unit does remain unavailable for 24 hours, then set the duplicate to run on a schedule instead. And once the schedule is set, you can also set the reschedule option accordingly.

wfk1966
Level 3

thanks for above comments, but what you wrote was more or less already described in my thread!

The problem is: if I set a schedule for the duplicate job and set the "Reschedule the job..." option to e.g. 60 hours (any value higher than 24 hours), the duplicate job gets missed after 24 hours!

Seems the duplicate job does not care about the "Reschedule the job..." option and always "Missed" after 24 hours latest!

Is this a bug?

VJware
Level 6

The problem is: if I set a schedule for the duplicate job and set the "Reschedule the job..." option to e.g. 60 hours (any value higher than 24 hours), the duplicate job gets missed after 24 hours!

- This should not be the case. Would recommend logging a formal case for us to investigate this behavior when the Duplicate is set on a schedule.

wfk1966
Level 3

Yes, I know

I made a schedule and set it in the Duplicate stage and it does NOT work.

So any idea how to make it work?

wfk1966
Level 3

Dear VJware,

Sorry, but did you fully read my thread? In my opening thread message I stated: "BTW: I already opened a Veritas support ticket mid of January, but did NOT get any help by now! Strange, isn't it? So I hope to get help from you guy's"

Veritas suprises me again and again - unfortunately not in a positive way.

Veritas does make it very hard for it's customers!

So what do you suggest now?

VJware
Level 6

My apologies for missing that bit. What's the support case number ?

Hello everyone, could this problem be solved?

Having same problem here with BE 15, Vers. 14.2 Rev. 1180:

- Created Job backup to disk to tape.

- Copy to tape starts immediately when backup to disk finishes.

- If copy to tape could not start within 24 hours because tape drive is in use the copy to tape job fails with E00E020, missed.

Many thanks