cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Duplication backup not working from one storage array to a distant one over fibre

Jimo
Level 2
Hello all, we currently have an 11D backup server (HP DL 380) connected to a MSA 1500 with additional MSA 20 SAN disk arrays as external storage. We back a server farm across a 1 GB fibre backbone and do daily/weekly/monthly fulls from approximately 11 remote Windows 2003 Standard all with either the Advanced Opne file agent, normal file agent, or SQL Server file agent. These nightly backups run fine. These jobs are created via a policy template with standard selection lists per server and work well as noted.
The problem we are having is that we are trying to duplicate the job sets for the daily job to a remote MSA whose disk array is configured as a backup folder via the Veritas console. Approximately 20-25% of the jobs that complete locally also copy over with no problem. But the other 75-80% fail with the following error:

Error category : Job ErrorsError : e0009444 - The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found. Perhaps the media containing the source backup sets was previously deleted.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-37956

We have researched this link but it mentions something about the way the rules are configured and to tick the button that states "Run only according to rules for this template" in the schedule for the specific template. That is already enabled but we keep getting the job failures.  We have also recatalogued a single backup job and it still does not work.  Does anyone have any ideas.  I have opened a case with Symantec/Veritas support but they have not contacted us yet.  As a last result I will delete the jobs from the policy template and recreate but I am hoping there is an easier fix or KB article available.  Has anyone seen this behaviour before?
0 REPLIES 0