cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication from iSCSI NAS to Tape results in a NTFS error message

salg1
Level 3

Hi

I'm using BE2010 R3 running on a Windows 2003 R2 64-bit server. I have a Synology NAS connected with iSCSI. I'm using MS iSCSI Initiator to access the NAS, and Windows sees this as a disk with a large NTFS partition. 

I'we made a policy with a few Exchange jobs, and these works fine. But in the policy I also have some duplication jobs to a Tandberg tape drive. 

I have a few other policies as well, and here the duplicate jobs works fine. But I have a problem with the duplication jobs on the Exchange jobs. And here it is: 

Job ended: 27. april 2012 at 06:59:49
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000120b - The path on the media server for staging temporary restore data must be on an NTFS volume that is local to the media server.  Edit the properties for the restore job, and under Settings, click Advanced. Change the path, and then submit the job again. This is required when you use Backup Exec Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) to restore individual items from a backup-to-disk folder that is not on an NTFS volume.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-4619

Then this: 

Duplicate- >hostname.domain.local> V-79-57344-4619 - The path on the media server for staging temporary restore data must be on an NTFS...

Duplicate V-79-57344-4619 - The path on the media server for staging temporary restore data must be on an NTFS...

First of all, this is not a restore, it's a duplication job. But I belive it's kind of the same thing because the job reads the data from the backup-to-disk device, and that is located on the NAS. But the partition located on the NAS is in fact an NTFS partition. 

I made a new device on the same volume but another directory, and that worked for 1 or two times, then the same error. 

Hope someone can help me out :) 

best regards

Inger Hegstad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

See the answer in this discussion and change the location of the temp directory

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-creating-temp-folders#comment-5953381

salg1
Level 3

Thank you! Worked great! :) 

Frode

salg1
Level 3

Actually, that wasn't the trick for me. It was something wrong with the filesystem. 

I tried to run "scan for errors" in explorer, but it just stopped with a generic error message. I run chkdsk /r <drive> and it found a lot of errors. After complete, everything is working great.