cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Question: How to modify Job Properties WITHOUT re-submitting the job

Mark_Thompson_3
Not applicable
Is there a way to do this? I'd like to modify an existing job (change the job's time) WITHOUT re-submitting it as a new job in the job queue.

All I want to do is modify the existing job's properties.

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Please do lets us know in detailed what you want to do if we have not understood it correctly.

You have say for example 2/3 existing scheduled Jobs.You want to change the time of that job before it runs.

1.right click on the job and select properties
2.under Frequency>schedule>change the timimg.

We hope this will help you.DO evert for further Queries

Thank you

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Francis_Favorin
Level 4
The problem is with jobs that you run manually, i.e. that don't have a schedule. If you edit the properties of such a job, the Scheduling option is "Run now". If you change anything (like the Device or Backup Method) and save the properties, it will immediately run the job. This is idiotic. You need to add another Scheduling option called "Manual", so when you edit such a job, it will not start running.

When will this be fixed?