...Daily
...Weekly
...Monthly
Selections Backed up by Templates:
...Client Files
...Admin Files
...Emails
...etc

I want the system to eject the tape when the "Daily" template in the "Full Policy" completes. So, for example, I open the "Daily" template and check the box to eject the tape when the template completes.

The system doesn't do that. With this setup, the system creates 24 jobs based on my "Full Policy" and, each night, runs several jobs as part of the policy. The server ejects the tape after the first JOB completes. So when I check the box to eject the tape after the template completes then the rest of the jobs fail/hold for media. and proceeds to eject the tape after each job.

How can I have the system eject the tape after a template in the policy completes? So that it runs *all* the jobs in the template, then ejects the tape when it finishes?
3 REPLIES 3

Kerm
Level 5
Independant of policy and templates I've seen V10 jobs fail to eject LTO tape cartridges from a standalone drive on a seemingly random basis.

kashimcgilloway
Level 2
Thanks for the tip. Is there a way to make it part of the template?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

1. The rest of the jobs fail with what error message.

2. When they hold what do you mean by the term hold. Do you have any laerts at this time.

3. In order to have the job eject the tape, the eject tape option is checked in the template.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.