cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications work once then stop working

blackprint
Level 3
Hi,

We are using backup exec version 12.0 rev 1364 on windows server 2003. I have setup email notifications for multiple alerts (job success, media warning, etc.) They work for a day or so, after I have setup the mail server and restarted the srvices, but then stops working completely. The test notification still works but the actual notifications do not. I have checked the text files for my email address to see if it is being generated and the alert is in there but it does not get to my mailbox. If I restart the services, it starts working again for a day or so then stops again. I have tried using the IP and FQDN of our mail server but this doesn't help.

If you need any more information please ask.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

nia
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi,

There are plenty posts regarding notifications:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/notifications-not-sending-test-ok

Check this one and if this do not work, let us know.

Regards,
Nikos

blackprint
Level 3
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I have read through the posts and tried removing/re-adding all the settings but this hasn't helped. I don't think it is the size of the emails as they work again if I restart the backup exec services (they are set to summary only anyway). Test emails work all the time, the normal notifications just stop a day after restarting the services.

buddypepper
Level 3
I have this exact same problem with 12.5 SP2 and SP3....did you ever get this solved, blackprint?