cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable selection of user selections?

Terry_Schilou1
Level 2
Should I use the "Enable selection of user selections" feature under Tools-Options-Network and Firewall?

What does it do?
3 REPLIES 3

ManishGupta-STD
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hello,

This enables you to select User Shares(Windows Shares) in a protected for backup.E.g instead of selecting local drives of a file server for backup you can select shares for backup.

You can even backup servers which don't have Remote Agent installed.For Example,non Windows NAS devices which cannot have remote agent installed and have no NDMP support(BTW BE also doesnot have NDMP support) only NBUP.

Thanks and Regards,

Manish
-

Terry_Schilou1
Level 2
So if I select a User Share that happens to be data that is on the computer, does it get backed up twice?

If I don't select the user shares do they not get restored? Does it not recreate the user shared directory if I don't select the user shares?

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused because of the delayed response. Please let us know if your issue still persists. If yes, please refer the answer mentioned below

Restoring shares is not like restoring normal level restore.User share information is kept in the Windows registry. To be able to restore the user shares you
will have to perform full backup of the "System State" to be able to restore shares to Windows 2000

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool