cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify all jobs on media as a regular scheduled job after backups completed

Terry_Robb
Not applicable
I am wanting to run my backup jobs overnight without a verify option, then have the last job of the night do a verify of all jobs on media. When I want to set up a reoccurring scheduled verify job, it keeps on asking me to select jobs or media to verify, I want to be able to say just do the media currently in drive (I have 4 week day tapes and 4 weekend tapes). How is this achieved? Am I missing something, I mean it's possible to have a backup done on what ever media is in drive, so why can't a verify be done on whatever media is in drive?
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Terry,
A verify is of a job and has to be done on a job to job basis.
Please go through the following Article:
How do the "verify" and "write checksums to media" processes work and why are they necessary?
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/245177.htm

Hope this helps you. Please let us know if you have further Questions.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
No - You are not missing anything

The way that it is written BackupExec needs to have a Verify or Backup job reference a tape volume that already exsists in the catalog

And you can't even use BEMCMD to run as a post job, since it doesn't support Verify

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to update us on this issue.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.