cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xa000fefc ... Shadowcopy components Server 2003

EOS58
Level 4
I have been having trouble backing up my newly promoted windows2003SP1 domain controller. The prior DC with the same name was a Windows 2000. I have read technote 258950 but i still cant remedy the problem. I have unchecked Shadowcopy components saved it, then rechecked it and saved it again. I think i am performing that technote correctly, its not that clear. But i did try a test job to just backup the shadowcopy components and that completes without errors. However, if i run it with my normal backup i get error 0xa000fefc. The DC is running BE Remote Client 9.1.4691.49 and the BE Server is 9.1 Rev 4691, with all recent updates within the past week. It seems though when i remove that DC from the Selections list in the Backup Job Setup, it doesnt remove the server completely when you look at the resourse order or credentials. It still appears with system state. When I add the server with all the necessary backup points and shadowcopy, system state still appears in the orders and credentials. I cant get rid of it? Is there another way?Message was edited by:
Seth Horila
1 REPLY 1

EOS58
Level 4
I just created a new server selection list and that took care of the remaining system state that i could not remove. It seems that if you leave the selection in BE9.1 when you remove a Win2k server to replace it with a Win2003 server under the same name, it leaves the system state in the backup job, no matter if you delete the server from the selection. So it would be good practice to remove the server selection out of a backup job that currently backups up a Win2k server prior to replacing that machine under the same name with a windows 2003 server.